About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Matt Damon, Wow! And Other Random Things

I was watching a clip yesterday where Matt Damon took on a reporter and cameraman at the Save Our Schools rally in Washington, D.C. All I can say is I think Reason TV should have sent a better reporter. It's not that I don't agree with their ideology (because I don't but I will defend their right to exist), it's just she was unable to get herself out of the hole she buried herself in. And the cameraman, well, he would have had a good point if he had left out the percentage.



Neither Damon or his mother can deny there are bad teachers, but to say ten percent or even one percent without backing it up was just foolishness. I might not have replied in the way Damon did, but if I had gotten two bad questions in a row, then yeah, I would have been snarky, too. Of course, I would have replied with punishing the majority because of few made no sense, either. But that's just me. And of course, they were deliberately trying to get him to say something foolish or to incite their viewers. It probably worked. Matt Damon did not say anything foolish, in fact, his response was very intelligent, until his remark about the cameraman. Of course, I understand why he said it.

Most of my teachers were decent. But the good ones and the great ones stand out and have a special place in my heart. I've had people who were teachers tell me they were bad teachers. So I know they exist.




In other news, I read an article about the possible return of the Dodge Magnum. When the Magnum first came out, I remembered a conversation I had with my friend. We laughed about those car-trucks that were built and sold during the 1970s and early 1980s. And that is all I thought of whenever I saw a Magnum. No one I knew drove one, and that's a good thing. I would have been heartless in my teasing. I did like its futuristic look but as a whole, it was just a strong reminder of the awful versions from the past. That made it funny-looking and laugh-worthy. Wasn't there a Seinfeld opening about the car-truck?

I have read this article over at 12 Most, and boy am I old! I've been updating my resumes, and creating accounts at teh Facebook and LinkedIn. What would have been helpful at the article is telling me what font I should use. I would probably go with my favorite, Garamond, but I went with Verdana and Arial. Woe to anyone who would use Comic Sans. I don't even like it when it is used for children-themed anything, so definitely not for a resume. But that is my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment