About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

If I Give You Money, It's Not Free!

I decided that in the midst of my redecorating, I would finally get my free eight cups of Jif To Go.




I kept the coupon in my car as a reminder so I would make use of it before the 8-31 expiration date. When I got the coupon, I noticed that the coupon's maximum amount was $2.29. I chuckled. I figured they would have a sale and I just had to wait. I also thought it would be priced higher, or I just needed to find the right Target. Well, you know how I feel about Target. Click if you don't. I also thought that the price would be about $2.50 or $3. But the definition of free is not costing or charging anything. And you plainly see on my postcard the people of Jif said it's free. See for yourself.

I'm sorry Target cashier and the person behind me, but I had to ask the question. I paid ten cents. "Oooh, girl, you got a bargain." No, not when the coupon said free. Jif people please check the meaning of free. If you had sent me two of the peanut butter cups for free, I would not have complained at all. But to call my coupon free and I had to pay, tell the truth.

I could have gotten it free if the coupon was not tied to Target. Target gives decent discounts, but lots of other places does discounts better. I'm sure one of my local stores or Walmart or Kmart would have had it cheaper and it would have been a true free sample, but you tied it to Target. Do I need to remind you how I feel about Target? Mommy bloggers, did any of you get it for free? Because you all know how to work coupons much better than I. Are there any other companies I need to watch out for? Well, I did get my Smuckers Snak'n Waffles for free. And I have a coupon for a free tub of Cottonelle wipes. I'll tell you how that goes.

And to think I wanted to talk about Matt Damon today.

No comments:

Post a Comment