About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Logitech LX 710: I Can't Stand You!

Have you ever had to deal with something that was a pathetic piece of crap, but you continued using it because you couldn't afford to replace it? That is how I feel about the Logitech LX 710. It is a  wireless keyboard and mouse combo. I absolutely abhor them.



~The Mouse

My wrath at the mouse has the same intensity of 10,000 white-hot suns. I purchased it back in 2009. It works, but every few days something would just stop working. Either the remote sensor doesn't sense the mouse, or the mouse cannot find the sensor. All I know is I spend a couple of minutes, trying to get the stupid mouse to work. I had replaced it because I needed more length, but my other mouse is still attached for those moments when I need to give the dumb thing a rest. According to the manual, it should pick up the signal from five feet away. Nope. Well mine fails at 2.5 feet, or 30 inches.

It's also falling apart. It gets caught on the edge of the book I use to make it work because the mouse pad I had didn't work with the mouse. Anyhoo, it gets caught and now the bottom is falling apart. One of the pads has pulled off because it couldn't move, and apparently I am very strong in my arms. (Just had to put that out there, because I must.) Even under 30 inches, both the mouse and keyboard has failed. Logitech says it could be interference from more powerful wireless sources. How pathetic. And battery usage for the mouse is 90 times lower than the keyboard. I changed the batteries once a month before I switched to rechargeables. Now I recharge every nine or ten days. Pathetic. If it's the same for other wireless mouse (mice?), please let me know in the comments.

~The Keyboard

My hate for the keyboard is growing. My sensor at this moment is about 3.5 feet away from me. It's cocked to the right so everything is okay as long as I stay like this. Let me turn to my left, and the keyboard can no longer find the sensor. Yesterday, despite being in the same way, the keyboard could not work. The left side to be precise. I was working and if I had sent that email out to a potential client, well, they would not have signed with my company. Thank goodness I proofread before sending. But still. It's hit and miss with this thing. I'm almost to the point of being fed up and now that I found my previous keyboard, I might switch. This is pathetic.

If I could afford to buy new (and definitely not a Logitech), I would and I will when that day comes, and that day is coming. I give this wireless combo a half star out of five. It works, but only when you limit yourself for its shortcomings that it should not have. No links for this because I'm not feeling generous. It was highly rated, but again that was in 2009. Logitech has done well for all of their products but the set I bought isn't cutting it. Is there any wireless combos I should consider?

No comments:

Post a Comment