About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Just Ignore Me. Nothing to See Here.



So I've written a lot over the past few months, and I have a major plan to see through this week that will take me away from the Internet, but I continue to wonder about this blogging thing. You know the usual. Where I should go from here. Should I do affiliate programs or work through Adsense. Should this be recreational?Should I have a niche? Continue talking about freebies or entertainment or politics? I don't want to do politics. I can do entertainment but I don't watch what everybody else does. I'll think on it some more.

I do know how important hits are. I see the importance of it when I add a link through Twitter. I've learned a lot about ranking. Purely by accident, of course. Yesterday was International Forgiveness Day, and I had planned to write something short and simple or nothing at all on my other blog, certainly not the heady subject of forgiveness, but when I learned yesterday was Forgiveness Day, I decided to be obedient and start to dive in to those tough areas. So imagine my surprise when the hits came and kept coming thanks to showing up on Bing's search engine. And on the first page, too. I showed up on Yahoo, too. I don't think I need to say anymore on that. But despite all those hits, I was proud of the other hit I got on my other blog. I know hits meant people clicked, but it doesn't tell me they read it. The other post that got a click said someone wanted to read that one as well. That means a lot.

This one gets traction from around the world, and wow! I don't even know how you get here. But I am happy you stopped by. I hope my personality shines through but it doesn't because I pull back. Sorry this post is just my rambling, expect something decent next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment