About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Declawing and L'oven Fresh Bread Have My Knickers In A Twist!

Watching my local news today, and they air a story about a man who adopted two cute kittens. Newsworthy, no? This man was asked if he was going to have them declawed, and he said no. In the trial agreement, it stated there was to be no declawing. He did it anyway. The organization took them away.



I have two friends who have declawed cats. I don't understand why they did it, and both are lucky it's not a dealbreaker. But none of my cats have been declawed. I'll adopt a declawed cat, but do it to them? Why?! Yes, animals should be free, and probably shouldn't be spayed or neutered, but for me, my opinion, it at least controls the population. The removal of bone and tissue just to keep a cat from scratching me or my furniture, ugh, no. You can always get new furniture. And if you need a pet that badly, get a dog! At Declawing.com, it states that to declaw is to remove part of the bone. It also states that it is an American thing. Not proud to be an American at this moment.

I digress. Paws For Life, the organization that this imbecile got the kittens, when they had learned what he had done, promptly removed the kittens from his house. He quickly ran to Fox 2, and had the nerve to say Paws For Life stole the animals from him. If I were Paws For Life, I would not have convinced him to give up the kittens, I would have shown up at his front frakkin' door with the police, and let them explain why they were there. Please take them to court stupid man, please do. He signed his name, and bam! He was bound by the agreement. What did him in? He chose to have his own vet spay the kittens and declaw them at the same time. So, obviously, he lied. The vet faxed over all the information to Paws For Life. Busted! I have no sympathy for him. Here's the link to learn more, because I could write a four-page letter front and back about this! Declawing Is Abuse!

Now, that my dander is up. Let's talk L'oven Fresh Bread by Aldi. I live in a house that has two households. When ATheTypist is working at a decent rate, she buys her own food. Since June of 2010, that has not been so. The other household consists of two other people who are health-challenged and retired. When the petty cash is great, AtheTypist eats very little bread. No flow, the two households blend. In the blended household, one person does the shopping.

I was always a bargain shopper. My former co-worker gave me the best advice ever: "never buy at full price, everything goes on sale," and for 90% of my purchases, this has remained so. In my other lifetime, I would shop at Aldi every now and again. I always purchased my bread at certain bakery outlets around town because it was much cheaper. Well, I never thought to buy bread at Aldi's. They do provide food at lower prices. It just never occurred to me. Then I cut bread down so much that I typically have a regular meal versus having a sandwich. Like I wrote earlier, when my money is flowing, I don't eat a lot of bread. She Who Will Not Be Named, apparently believes Aldi's bread is the bestest at the price. (Yes I know, bestest is not a word) I 100% disagree about that. There has to be a better bread for the same price. I have been eating a lot of bread from Aldi for over a year. I have also had Aunt Millie's, Wonder Bread, and Kroger brand bread. In all of them, never have I found bread filled with holes. I can count on one hand the amount of times it has happened with a different brand. And that is from the time I knew what bread was until now. How many times has Aldi's loaf of bread had holes? You would have to have at least five people in your house and count all their fingers and toes to get how many times a loaf of L'oven Fresh bread by Aldi has holes in it. We get at least two loaves a week. That's 104 loves in a year. Every.Single.Loaf. Sometimes it's four or five slices affected, sometimes it is all throughout the loaf, but it is every single loaf. Here's proof.





(Can you see the paper  towel through the holes?!)

I am sure there are people who love L'oven Fresh bread for its taste and buy it for that reason. Just as I know many more buy it for the price. And for that reason, this is why my knickers are in a twist! Aldi, you don't care about your bread that much that you don't even check it? Was that a corner you had to cut to sell bread at the price you do? I don't know how much it is, but I will come Friday. People who can't afford to pay $1.50 or more for bread deserve to be able to use each slice how they see fit. Yes, those slices could be used for other purposes. And I would understand if it wasn't every single loaf for the past year and a few months. Come on. Have some pride in your stuff. For real. That is unacceptable. And don't think, dear reader, that I am not going to complain directly to them. Holey bread is used for toast or stuffing as the rest of America calls it. We place butter and garlic on it and it becomes garlic bread whenever we have lasagna, but that doesn't happen all the time. That just pisses me off. Yeah, sure she can take it back, but who has time to do that?! You trust that the places you buy from will have your best interest at heart. Ha ha! Even I get a laugh off that. I know that is not the case. But wouldn't it be nice if more businesses focused on the customer and not the money?! I know Aldi thinks it is doing a lot of families a favor, but I am sure other places (Save-A-Lot, Walmart) can do better and cheaper, if not at the same price. Sigh. To think, I had another gripe to cover, but that man and that bread just needed to be written down for the few of you to see.

P.S. 30 posts, yay me!

UPDATE 9-16-19: I am shocked that this post has the amount of clicks it does. I am even more shocked that people want to comment.

But to answer whether or not Aldi produces L'Oven Fresh Bread, check this out:

 ©Mine

©Mine

As of 9-16-2019, we still eat the bread. It still has holes. It does not cost $1.50 where I live. It's $0.85. But if you read my post, I stand on having a sense of pride in your product. So dear commenter who may or may not be showing up below, there's the answer. If it's distributed and sold by Aldi, it's Aldi. 
 
Have you read Fast Food Nation?  It's eye opening about the lengths to which Walmart (and other conglomerates) makes all its vendors go through to be sold in its stores and be in line with government regulations. They could always use the line, 'it's not us, it's the vendors,' but they know it doesn't fly because the first reply is "I bought it at your store. Are you saying you don't know who you buying from?!" And the government's response is typically: :If you want to sell this product in your store, you will comply with our rules."
 
 
We could go back-and-forth, but at this point, lets just agree to disagree.


No comments:

Post a Comment