About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Monday, October 10, 2011

McDonald's Is Doing Us In!

I'm minding my own yesterday when I saw an article that said the young people of India were choosing McDonald's to eat, and were getting fat. People of India hear my plea: don't be like us!



I know McDonald's is own everyone's death list, but it's really us. I try to live by everything in moderation. I fail at it miserably. When I worked on one job, and did not want to get up early to make me a lunch, I would drive to Wendy's or McDonald's. I did this probably twice a week. It was just convenient. And cheap. I'm sure I ordered the chicken mcnugget combo or chicken sandwich combo. I called myself refraining from Big Macs because I had them too much.

Oh, and I would also have fast food on the weekends, too. Typically Burger King or Kentucky Fried Chicken. Yeah, I should know and do better, but easy and cheap is well, easy and cheap. Not something to be quickly dismissed. And the weekend was a reward for getting through the workweek. If you worked where I did, you would have done similar.

It's somewhat ironic, though. The growing middle class in India chooses McDonald's over homecooked or even more healthier fare (and I understand, Mickey D's still has some of the best fries). But here, it's those with little cashflow that will eat at McDonald's. Don't get me wrong, I see plenty of middle class people in the drive thru, too. But for the price, you can have a car full of happy people and free toys for the kids instead of kids grumbling when dinner will be ready, and "oh, no, not Hamburger Helper again!"

On a different note, I would love to try the Maharaja Mac! See? Thiis is how McDonald's gets you! If you've had it, tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment