About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

True Frenemy Series: Part Two- Really, No, Really?!

I get some of the reasons. I do. But you are actually part of the problem. No, you really are.



In a past post, I spoke about the EEOC investigating employment ads that were looking for people already employed or have been employed within the last six months. I read stories that followed up on this, and learned that a few states were trying to block this sort of ad. I have seen a few of them on websites that were reporting this new twist, but had not seen it firsthand until this morning when I read my local newspaper. I wasn't shocked. Here are just a few articles about this phenomenon.

Economic Times
New York Times Blog
New York Times on New Bill
Newsworks on New Jersey's Efforts To Combat This New Issue
Detroit News on new state bill to fine these businesses

Despite all the craziness that is going on, where attention should be on jobs creation but is focused on the craziness that is the debt ceiling, businesses are pulling this action. This is part of the problem. I understand wanting someone whose skills are still sharp, but this doesn't help the overall situation. Not everyone can afford to go to college or return to college, despite federal aid. And sometimes skills do not atrophy like many believe. Why is the working class under attack? When I was younger, I used to hear about new civil wars that would probably be race-related. And a few times, I heard about civil wars that would be class-related. I never put much into the race wars. But there has been a lot going on that make me believe in a class-related civil war. It might be extreme, but something must be done, and people love extremes.

Seriously, job seekers, you might as well pursue your passion. That is the only way to get yourself out of this mess. Why can't people see all the connections? If you don't have a job, you can't afford to waste money on frivolous things. And if gas prices are high, the best place to save money is to cut your entertainment, clothing and any other frivolous budgets. If you are going to mess with people's money, expect they are going to do things to keep your hands off of it. And of course, instead of playing fair, now the government has to get involved. Really, any HR reps or business owners out there, please let me know why this is taking place? Anyone?

Update 2:31 p.m.-- This quote from Aesop's Fables definitely fits the times: "In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains."

No comments:

Post a Comment