About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Herman Cain, I Choose You!


I didn't watch the debate, or any of them. I was hoping that Sarah Palin would run, because with the thousands of political ads coming soon on the horizon, her extremely laughable blurbs would have been a joy to endure. Sadly, she only has reality TV in her sights.



Who is going to bring me the laughs? Not Mitt Romney. While Rick Perry is laughable and Ron Paul is certifiable, I get angry with them moreso than I find the funny. Even the Bush presidents won't back Perry, and now we know the reason. No one seems to take Paul seriously.

Michelle Bachmann? When Sarah Palin first came on the scene, I didn't take her seriously. Nothing she said or did was remarkable and required my notice. She was invisible to me. Until Tina Fey. After that, I caught her blurbs because of her entertainment value. Did she anger me like Perry or Paul? Yes, but she was still hilarious. I also thought Dubya was hilarious, when he wasn't selling America out to corporate. He thoroughly entertained me. I don't know who is portraying her on Saturday Night Live, and until I watch the past episodes, Bachmann only registers because of her response to Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan.*

Cain's 9-9-9 plan is why he is chosen to bring me laughs. You want me to pay my state sales tax and a federal sales tax? Cain, please pass me some of what you smokin'?! That is what I got from the transcript of the debate this past week. I want Herman Cain to go head up against Obama. Not only would it most definitely increase Obama's chances, but it would provide me with the most delicious lulz evah! And I do mean evah!

First, I was shocked he came out number one in a straw poll in Florida. Kinda makes me not take straw polls seriously. That provided a laugh or two. His "it's apples and oranges" analogy, was mildly funny. What has me tickled pink, is his exasperation at the idiocy of his fellow candidates. Dear Cain, it's only just the beginning.

Cain's "how dare he!" indignation about Perry and his hunting lodge,* had me rollin'. I mean, seriously?! Now you black?! Really? No, really?! Sadly, really. Pulling the race card when it benefits you is so passé. Now that made me angry, but the apples and oranges analogy brought me back to the funny.

So, yes, Herman Cain for president, or at least Republicans, keep him in until the end. I want the laughs, no, I needs the laughs.

*Angry Black Lady Chronicles tells it like it is, and I like linking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment