About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Reading Round Up Week of 10/28/11

One of my jobs as a social media advocate is to read a lot of blogs. I also stumble and have RSS feeds so I've decided to post about the ones that meant a lot to me on a weekly (keep your fingers crossed) basis.



I've clicked on one that stood out this week.

In my past, I worked as an editor. Whenever I told people I worked as an editor, I would get all types of requests for help. One thing they never did was ask me how much I charged. A lot of these people assumed I worked for free. Not only is that a lie, but they also assumed that I was an acquaintance that they could ask these things. People are and have always been a trip. I said no a lot.

When I read Adrienne Graham's article, No! You Can’t Pick My Brain: It Costs Money to Maintain!, I agreed with her points because it happens to me. I do freelance, and I carry myself as an authority on certain topics, but picking my brain as your own personal Google, uh no. I'm okay with being asked a few times, but when you turn to me before you click Google or Bing for the simple things, then you should pay me for it.

(By Graur Razvan Ionut Free Digital Photos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment