About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Noticed This Too! Is Natural Hair Finally In?


I know bloggers like to do "Wordless Wednesdays" and while I do have a picture, it has words on it, but it speaks a truth. So I'm adding it. Maybe I'll do a "true" Wordless Wednesday on another Wednesday.

I have often wondered why in most commercials the African-American women all wore their hair natural. Seven out of ten times, their hair is curly if they have length or wavy or um, curl-defined if the hair is short. I see a lot of locs, too.

I am not against it. Not in the slightest. My hair is natural, and has been that way since 1997. But it's funny that advertisers would use these actresses more so than ones who have straight styles. I should not be complaining, right?! I'm not. I just found it odd, and for someone else to have noticed, too, gives me more reason to wonder.

Artist Alexandra Dal created this image. Click to see more of her work.


And because I just love this song and video, here's Sesame Street's "I Love My Hair."

No comments:

Post a Comment