About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Careful About That Chicory

Chicory as a coffee alternative is great. But pregnant women and women with uterine complications, seek the advice of your obstetrician or gynecologist before drinking or avoid chicory altogether. I love that chicory was a great coffee substitute.



I am pretty hardcore when it comes to taste, but Cafix and Kaffree were great as substitutes to my coffee. I thought I would drink it every day, but I can't. So, my substitute du jour is ginseng tea.

I still want to try Pero and Inka, but not until everything healthwise is back in order. I found these pages that give a way better explanation than I could.

Living Strong
WebMD
Cupcake Project (I'll be spending more time there, because of my intense love of cupcakes)

Pregnant ladies and women with "female problems," consult your your physician first or tread lightly. Chicory, especially the Cafix and Kaffree brands are very good as coffee substitutes, but you don't need the complications.