About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Funny Because It's True!

The Oscar season is upon us, and the Oscar nominees have been announced. The only thing left, besides the campaigning, is the satire.



As I was searching the Internet, I came across this gem on Impassioned Cinema, and all I could do is laugh because it's true. I grabbed the ones I found funny.


The Help is the feel-good movie from 2011 (depending on who you ask). I hope Octavia Spencer gets her Oscar.

Who would have thought George Clooney from The Facts Of Life would be nominated several times over for an Oscar! I believed in you, George!


Last year this time, I had an account on Netflix and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was available for online streaming. I did not watch it then, but when I heard there would be an American version, my thought was "Why?" There's already one out. Forgive me. Sometimes I forget America's dislike for subtitles since I don't mind subtitles.


Yes, please give Leo DiCaprio an Oscar. I haven't seen many of his films, but no one wants to be Susan Lucci-ed, not even Susan Lucci (though she did finally win).

If you want to see more "truthful" or "funny" movie posters, head over here or here.