About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Top Four Shows From The 2011-2012 Season

Well, it's now 2012. So what am I liking this season? Even better question is what are you liking this season?



While most of my returning shows stay amazingly strong, there are four on my must-see TV list. And another side dilemma, I'm not sure if I am more excited for the return of American Idol or The Voice. I watched The X-Factor, and wasn't all that impressed. I just watched for Astro, to be honest. There will be spoilers below.

But I digress. I really like these four shows. But first let me tell you about my honorable mentions.

Up All Night is really fun. I think Maya Rudolph steals the show an awful lot (in a good way). But the switch to Thursdays means I watch ABC until Criminal Minds starts. Not a fan of Whitney or Chelsea Handler. I do hope Community gets to the magic 100 episodes so they can go into syndication, and I can watch it from the beginning. I've seen a few shows, and it continues to grow on me.

So, a recap. Up All Night gets an honorable mention. Now on to my Top Four! And I'm putting them in alphabetical order.

Grimm

The only thing to come close to new episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, written by Joss Whedon and starring Sarah Michelle Gellar (just had to put it out there like that), is a show reminiscent of BtVS. That show is Grimm, which is produced by the producers of BtVS and Angel. A reluctant detective learns he is a Grimm: someone who must battle against storybook characters. While my explanation of the show might not sound all scary (and truthfully, it's not scary), the show does fit the bill in the fantasy genre. I've watched it regularly, even to the detriment of not watching my beloved Supernatural (and Bobby's dead! NOOOOOOOOO!!) Many people compare it to Once Upon A Time, and that's not fair. Both have a mystery to solve, but it's being done in different ways. Still I like seeing the new storybook characters that arise. And the only show that can top a rivalry between pigs and wolves--well, besides Buffy the Vampire Slayer--is Once Upon A Time, which is number two on the list.




Once Upon A Time

Fairytale characters caught in a curse that can only be broken by the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. Who could miss out on that?! Not me. I watch. I watch to the detriment of what I typically do on a Sunday night. New episode is airing, AtheTypist is watching. If my digital converter wants to act up, I still watch and catch it online to fill in what I missed when my stupid digital converter spazzes out. I worried that they wouldn't reveal who was who, but so far, I like how they reveal. It reminds me of Pushing Daisies. Someone said it was like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but Once Upon A Time stands on its own. While I was shocked that Prince Charming had another wife, I am so happy he decided to work things out versus dropping everything for Snow White, even is she is his true wife. And Rumplestiltskin. I really liked the last episode. I can say that the sheriff as the huntsman was true genius. I thought he would be and when it was revealed, yeah. Excuse my fangirling, but this is a really good show.



Person Of Interest

I know J.J. Abrams can mostly do no wrong. So it wasn't like I didn't think this show wouldn't be on the list. But he did do Undercovers, but in his defense, he did Alias. Alias is the only show to rival Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Can you imagine what would happen if Joss Whedon and J.J. Abrams teamed up to do a show or movie? PLEASE DO! I digress. Person Of Interest is great. The one episode with Linda Cardellini was excellent. I really liked how he wasn't sure how to deal with that serial rapist. Well, he had an idea. But it solidified that I would not be following Up All Night to its new time slot. I also liked the inner conflict Tarji Henson's character went through before deciding to help the man. And last week's opening. I just learned how hard it is to get a license for doctors from other countries so Mr. Finch just dropping the money down using that to get Reese patched up was great. But I expect no less from J.J. Abrams. Can you guess what's the final one in my Top Four?



Ringer

As if you didn't know. So Siobhan is coming back. Yeah, I cannot wait for that. Bridget has been doing well so far, but she needs Siobhan for us to see what is going on.The only thing I am not interested in is Andrew's daughter's story. While I did think Malcolm was doomed, I'm not so sure now. But I want to see what happens. And really, how could I not watch? It's SMG, yo! The only thing better than bringing in The Young & The Restless actors would be bring anyone from BtVS or Angel! Is James Marsters available? I think Amber Benson will be showing up, so yeah, I can not miss this. But this is must-see tv, and probably why I don't change channels after it's over to watch Parenthood.



Gee, how may times did I mention Buffy the Vampire Slayer in this post?!