About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

2011 TV Season Is Upon Us!

So . . .

Did you see Ringer? I did. I missed the premiere of Parenthood and Up All Night, thanks to falling asleep early both nights. Despite seeing ads for Parenthood, I wasn't expecting it to air this week. I guess I should have paid attention. Well, the premiere is up on hulu so I watched it. Poor Alex. More after the jump including spoilers!



Ringer

Sarah Michelle Gellar is back. Someone remarked that she looks the same. I got to say that isn't true. Buffy might not have wanted the role of vampire slayer thrust on her, but she wore her confidence well. Bridget is not confident. Siobhan wasn't confident, either.

I remember when I learned she would play twins, but one of them dies, I was like "Aww. It would have been nice to see Sarah playing two roles. Thanks to reading an interview I found out that Siobhan isn't dead. Just vengeful in such a way that she knew her sister would take over a life, and quite possibly get herself killed.Vindictive that one is. I want to know how Bridget is going to pull off a pregnancy. And handle Siobhan's backstabbing best friend. Ringer stays on my list of shows to watch.

The only thing I did not like, was at the beginning all of the outdoor scenes seemed made from a CG screen. The boating scene's background looked really fake. Otherwise, I stayed vested in the show. I want to say I'm looking forward to next week, but The New Girl starts and I have to see the premiere. If one of them would air a full episode on hulu or through the network's own player, then the other will get my attention. We'll see. Or I can get my computer's DVR to work, then all would be well. I'd watch Ringer, and tape The New Girl.

Up All Night

I did not mention it, before but I wanted to see the first episode since NBC aired so many commercials promoting it. Will Arnett is very funny, and so is Maya Rudolph. I like Christina Applegate, too. Up All Night just wasn't must see TV for me. I did watch H8tr. Yeah, well, okay. I don't recall how it ended. I fell asleep.

I missed Up All Night's premiere last night, but it's on hulu so I watched it there. It did not win me over. I liked Maya Rudolph, so I'll keep watching, but if it's against something else, which I believe it is, then I catch it on reruns.

I think I'll check out Once Upon A Time, too. Too bad it's premiere is at the end of October.



So, did you like Ringer or Up All Night? What else are you planning on watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment