About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Healthiness Is The Way To Go!

I love coffee. I love chocolate. There are very few cakes I will pass on. The way to get me to do anything is to offer food, and most assuredly, cake or a pastry. You want brownie points with me, feed me! You want me to sing your praises, feed me and give me money!



When I was in my twenties, I began taking eating healthy and exercising seriously. See this link for more about my twentysomething habits. I exercised and ate healthy mostly. I did it to lose weight, and it was working. But in my late thirties that all went away. I am trying to get back to that.

Which brings me back to my first sentence. I love coffee. I have some health issues that are aggravated by my insistence on having two cups of coffee daily. It was a great pick-me-up in the afternoon. I still have one bad week, but I am beginning to realize that health should take precedence over my love of one thing. I also say no to chocolate.

I've learned about coffee alternatives, and today, I got to try Teecino. I am not sure my little bag is handling my 15 ounces well, so I will withhold a review for now. I also purchased Yogi Teas' Ginseng Vitality as my substitute for green tea. Yes, green tea does have healthy attributes, but it also has caffeine. For me even a little is detrimental. I would have just switched to decaffeinated.

So, my next reviews will cover those Teecino and Yogi Teas' Ginseng Vitality. All I will say about Teecino is drinking it lukewarm is yucky. I'll have my first cup of Ginseng Vitality tomorrow. I hope one of these will help me over my afternoon slumps.

I want to be stronger physically and spiritually. I believe strengthening those two to be key to my well-being. Those of us entering the "fall" of our lives, need to get on the good foot* and take care of ourselves. Everything in moderation means you won't have to give things up. Exercising 60 minutes a day keeps the doctor at bay. That is what my aim will be until it's time to go home. Who's with me?

Have you tried any coffee alternatives? If so, how was it? Any recommendations for Teecino? Like is ground better than the tee bags? And what about chocolate alternatives? Other than a PayDay?



*Get On The Good Foot is slang for doing now what needs to be done. Or it's my personal slang for doing now what needs to be done. See James Brown video for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment