About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Quotes, Quotes, And More Quotes

So I'm on StumbleUpon, stumbling across the Internet. And what I find is I like a lot of humorous things and quotes. I have such a huge thing for quotes.



My favorite quote of all-time is "if you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always gotten." The source is unknown, but for me, it's the greatest thing since the iPad.

Then there are several scriptures that I hold extremely close to my heart. Psalm 118:8 "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man." NKJV aka Trust no man but God. My life is lived following this one.

But every now and again, I find new quotes that either give me reassurance or paints a very truthful picture.

So, here's a few.

"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward."  Author Unknown (See what I mean about speaking the truth?)

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” ~Roy Croft  (This one is probably going to be the basis of a story.)

“Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.” ~Swedish Proverb

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss (I like this one, but I need to think on it more.)

as desculpas não se pedem, evitam-se (You don't ask for apologies, you avoid them) ~Portuguese proverb

"Life does not come with a manual; we live and grow through our positive and negative challenges and are blessed if someone is there to help when we can't immediately bounce back" ~Unknown

"If you take the long road towards your goals and do things right, you will be rewarded. If you take short cuts, you get cut short. Your rewards may not be financial, they may be spiritual or social but they will most definitely be in direct proportion with the effort you put forth." ~ Rev. Run


And the last one I will share today:

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality." But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true?" Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" ~Japanese Proverb

What is your favorite quote? Maybe I'll add it to my repertoire. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment