About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Bentonite Clay Cleansing: What Is That?

I am a late follower of a lot of things. I read up on bentonite clay in 2011. I was looking for something to get rid of my adult acne. I heard about this on a post about facial cleanings. But this was not my first time with clay.

I used a St. Ives product that contained clay. I can safely say that if you use something like this, it will tighten your pores. It will also dry your skin.

I finally purchased bentonite clay a few months ago. I bought Redmond Trading Company. I bought it because it was edible. And that was what I wanted when I did a search. I wanted something that would cleanse internally and was safe since I had a bevy of issues and the regular stuff would cause more harm than good.

I saw an improvement in regularity. I did more research and purchased two more of the Redmond Trading Company. I could have used what I had and created my own substance, but I wanted to keep the powder for the continual internal cleansing.

©Mine. All Rights Reserved

I used the new purchases on a cut and I believe mosquito bites. I've seen images of bentonite clay used on open sores, medium-sized wounds and other injuries. They did help in the healing. My mosquito bites shrunk. The cut healed. I has a bump and that shrunk by a third after 24 hours, and was gone in three days. The only side effect was a red mark that took a month to fade. My skin is brown but you would have to stare at it in order to see the red mark. It wasn't bright and there wasn't any pain.

If you are irregular or want an easy internal cleanse, I recommend bentonite clay. I mixed a teaspoon of clay in purified water. I used lukewarm water because I wanted the clay to melt faster. I did not eat the clay; just drank a thoroughly mixed water. I drank between 6-9 ounces at first three times a week, but lately five days a week. I also used water that had electrolytes added like SmartWater from Glaceau. Which helped with the taste. It's not a horrible taste but it definitely isn't great.

The only drawback? Drinking the clay can dehydrate you because it is pulling the impurities out of your system. You should definitely drink at least 50 ounces of water. Two quarts (64 ounces) or more would be better. You can substitute juice or any other drink that replenishes. That does not include green or black tea, coffee or soda (regular or diet). I would not include juice either (would not recommend adding lemon), but sometimes just water is boring. There may be other side effects, so do your research. Otherwise, happy cleansing!