About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Since Many Of Us Are Still Here

I am not going to discuss May 21st. At least not here. This is a random posting. I read an article of how Americans do not take vacations or long vacations, and that is correct. At one job, I took a total of eight days off, and two of those were sick days. I had worked 15 months there. They gave me six days my first year, and I had two weeks the next year, but I just did not take all of those days. They already had issues covering me for lunch and breaks, I can only imagine what would have happened if I took off one week.

Now on another job, I had five weeks' paid time off. I always disappeared in the month of December. So, did everybody else in my department. I miss that industry. I don't think federally-mandated paid time off will work here. While most places offer a week or two, they frown when it's used or it becomes troublesome to work around. However, people need it and it helps them deal with job stress and also all-around stress, but it won't happen in my lifetime. And if it did, I'll probably be retired.

I hope to write at least ten posts this month, and I only got four to go. See? Random.

No comments:

Post a Comment