About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Really Great Lip Moisturizer!

For years, I have struggled with keeping my lips moisturized. And as usual, I used Chapstick, among many other choices.  It frustrated me to no end to have cracked lips that would split and bleed. When I started wearing lipstick, it changed nothing. I would have to put on some moisturizer before the lipstick.

I've tried mostly everything. I found shea butter and cocoa butter worked, but those moisturizers only gained prominence this century. I gained a lot of success using Avon products. Chapstick helped, too. But each lasted for a short while; at the most, six or seven hours.

I switched to Vaseline, and that helped tremendously, but last fall, Rite Aid had a sale. Several brands of lip moisturizers were on sale, including Chapstick and Nivea. Since I was extremely familiar with Chapstick, I purchased a brand named LipSyl.

I tried the LipSyl that night. It tingled almost to the point of burning. That worried me, but I had only paid $1 so I was not that upset, plus I had a drawer full of product that had not worked. I had another lip product that burned every time I put it on, but not as badly. The tingling faded after about ten seconds. When I woke up the next day, however, my lips were still feeling moisturized. I did not put the LipSyl to a full test, but it had been more than seven hours and one eaten breakfast before I needed more moisturizer. I sit here today with moisturized lips after applying more than ten hours ago. After the first application going that well, I hightailed it back to Rite Aid since the sale was still on. Sadly, all that was left were the Chapstick. I went to another Rite Aid. I bought two plus the Nivea. I left one, feeling generous.

The only downside to LipSyl is I can not use it as a prep for my lipstick. But it helps in other ways so I'm not all that upset. LipSyl works. It lasts long. And definitely worth the price and I am talking full price. I give it a 4 out of five. LipSyl Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment