About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fall TV Season - Premiere Week

Let me start off with the biggies (at least to this blog). Did you enjoy The New Girl? Are you anxiously waiting to see how the cast change will affect the new show? Did you like it? Do you think Morris will add or detract? I have a clip (yes, spoilers) after the jump.



I finally watched the promo reel in my other post (I didn't have sound all summer but I can't let that stop me!) and then I found this gem.



So, this will be how they explain away Coach. I still think it was a cute episode, but very cliched. As I was reading other comments about the show, someone pointed out that this was the pilot episode, and pilots usually go with stereotypes first before doing character development. I am going to consider the episode with the new cast as the first episode.

The second half-hour of The Big Bang Theory was incredibly funny. I enjoyed Two and A Half Men's premiere. Since I had not seen the last two seasons, I probably could be drawn away easily by something else.

How I Met Your Mother was decent. Dear producers of Criminal Minds and CBS, seriously? You did all that just to bring both Prentiss and A.J. back?! Really, that's how we are going to play this? I missed Harry's Law for your shenanigans. And CSI, while Ted Danson was a treat, I'll be watching Law & Order: SVU. Got to check it out online somewhere. Harry's Law, too. Not happy about that. I'm not sure if Matthew Gray Gubler's phenomenal haircut and Shemar Moore will calm me after this faux pas you pulled, Criminal Minds Powers That Be.

It seems I am going to have to really figure out my schedule. I know Ringer will be watched on The CW's website, so I can watch it uninterrupted. I did watch the second half which solidified its place in my list. What could make it better, as always, is if they allow Joss Whedon to write or direct, preferably write. Yeah, wishful thinking, I know.

Did I mention how awesome The Big Bang Theory was? It was very, very good. Person of Interest is a keeper. I think the best line was (paraphrasing) "yeah, I think we'll both continue to do this until we really will be dead." And the first scenes were quite excellent. I loved the crushing of stereotypes.

I watched Supernatural, and loved the twists, and digs at Westboro Baptist Church and Tea Party senator Michelle Bachmann. I wanted to watch Fringe really badly, but I'm two seasons behind. I should remedy that. All in all, I enjoyed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment