About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TV Shows Still On My List

This TV season has been keeping me glued to my set. I have several favorites, and a couple of iffy ones. Yes, The New Girl is iffy on my list. Don't be shocked. Even though it's only three episodes in, my favorite character is Winston. The adorkable Zooey Deschanel has not won me over. I decided to watch it online, and just stick with Ringer. So what are my faves? Watch out I will spoil some things.



Ringer

SMG (Sarah Michelle Gellar) is doing splendid on this show. I like all the twists and turns, and Henry blaming Bridget for Gemma's bloody disappearance when everybody (the TV audience, that is) thought he did it was spectacular. This episode cemented my decision to watch The New Girl online. Poor Malcolm is all I can say.



Person Of Interest

This is a great show. Michael Emerson is brilliant. Jim Cavaziel is doing an excellent job, too. The episode with Linda Cardellini was very good. That episode's ending was just awesome. Why it took CBS until October 25, 2011 to pick up this show for a full season, I will never know. But at least they finally did it. I never watched that Gentleman show, so I'm happy Rules of Engagement is back. Now I have no reason to change the channel until ten.



Up All Night

I watch it for Maya Rudolph. I love Will Arnett and Christina Applegate, but I watch for Maya. Last week's introduction of The A-Team's van and the use of "Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa made me commit to this show. I expect good things.




Once Upon A Time

I really like this show. The only thing to top it would be to slowly reveal who is who a little more. We know who Snow White is, and the evil queen, and we know the prince is in a coma, but I want to know or get clues to who everyone else represents. If ABC keeps it up, then I am going to have to join some online communities to figure out who's who. But I'm hooked. I watched on TV, but it's also available online, and I'll be watching it there in case I forget.



Grimm

I like the mystery. Since it premiered just last week, I can't say it was scary. Well, I can say it wasn't scary or gory. It's not like Supernatural, which I missed. New dilemma: watch Grimm online or not? I typically don't want to be scared, but I've been with Supernatural since the beginning so I can't just push it aside for this new kid. But the show is good.



Those are my faves. What's on my iffy list? The New Girl and Suburgatory. Suburgatory because I have only watched half episodes and I mostly liked what I saw. And it has Jeremy Sisto. that's always a plus. I also want to check out Revenge, but I keep forgetting about it. It, too, is available online, so I will catch up there.

I just covered the new shows but my returning shows have not disappointed. Rules of Engagement is doing a great job, as is How I Met Your Mother. I'm okay with Law & Order: SVU, but Olivia is behaving too oddly with Stabler's departure. Criminal Minds is doing okay. The Big Bang Theory is tops and Supernatural's episode with Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters was hilarious. I need to watch that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment