About Me

My photo
I am a writer, and I like to encourage others in their Christian faith. Welcome to my blogs, please comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Reading Round Up Week of 11/28/11

To all my U.S. readers, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I hope you didn't get trampled on Black Friday, and are shopping with ease on this Cyber Monday. Every one from other parts of the world, I hope you had a great weekend, too!



I had planned for a different post, but I figured I wanted to talk about some craziness I heard.



Thanksgiving

First on my list: Pat Robertson. I think a lot of white people in the United States should be offended by his dumb comment. Who in the U.S. hasn't had mac and cheese, or as it's also known, macaroni and cheese? Apparently Pat Robertson. He's been saying some stupid stuff, and this is mild in comparison, but really, "it's a black thing?!" It might be a black thing to have mac and cheese on Thanksgiving, but I know a lot of white people who have mac and cheese on the regular. Here's the link with the video. I could go on about the whole thing, but ABL said it best.

Pat Robertson's Never Heard Of Mac And Cheese


Black Friday

In 2005, I worked on Black Friday. We had a crazy morning. When I got in at 5 a.m., I learned that some ne'er-do-wells had tried to break in. Nothing was stolen, but the phone system was down. Each credit card purchase had to be called in on a cell phone. From 6 a.m. until 10 a.m., it was busy and crazy hectic. Tempers were flaring, and in addition to calling in credit card numbers, people wanted me to order iPods online. Seriously, you couldn't do that home?!

While on the phone, I had one lady ask me where was the MP3 player for $20. I told her, it was right behind her. Everybody that was interested in that player understood what I said. We only had four, so four hands, not including hers, grabbed them. As this is happening, she said where. I said "literally, right behind you." She looked up and over at the shelves behind her, but if she had looked eye level at the shelves directly behind her, she would have gotten one. When she said where again, the other people pointed, and I said "sorry, we're all out." She wasn't happy, but it was her own fault.

I want to say about 40 people were in line when I got there at 5 a.m. And they all behaved well. So, what is this craziness that happened on Friday. You should have known people were going to try and cut in front of you. Especially if you are moving slow. and why drag your kids with you? But then this woman decided to pepper spray? All I can say is she needs prayer. Lots of prayer.

Walmart Shopper Pepper Sprays Other Customers

Cyber Monday

I bought one thing online on Friday. After working a Black Friday, going to a store at 3 a.m. is nuts. It's been awhile since I bought anything on a Cyber Monday, but I did today. I had several coupons that were about to expire, so those plus extra savings equal the best Cyber Monday ever! I wanted the Nintendo Wii, but I got about 12 items for the same price. I'm happy.

Though it's Cyber Monday, it's still a work day, so I found something really interesting. Sonia over at Logallot, gives some great pointers to those considering WordPress. I am considering it for a new blog, and perhaps do a migration, but her points have made me reconsider for the time being. If you are considering WordPress, click on the link.

Ready To Migrate to WordPress? Make Sure You Know The Differences

No comments:

Post a Comment